Announcing the Maryland Mentoring Institute in Baltimore City!June 18, 2018
The MMI is an application only fellowship program and 12 week long deep dive into the Elements of Effective Practice for Mentoring, 4th Edition. The institute is designed for leaders of mentoring programs and organizations. the Maryland Mentoring Institute (MMI) is all about improving program quality standards to making mentoring even more effective.
What is the Maryland Mentoring Institute?
The Maryland Mentoring Institute in Baltimore City would provide immediate support to a select number of Baltimore City based mentoring programs to benefit from an immersive experience centered around
- Instituting research- and evidence-based quality standards and best practices on mentoring
- Training volunteers and program staff
- Building capacity to allow for sustainability and growth of programs
How long will the institute run?
The Maryland Mentoring Institute will be a 12-week intensive, designed to provide each participating organization/leader with the tools, resources, training, and support needed to run an effective, safe, quality-focused mentoring program. Organizations will undergo a suite of 4 trainings, receive 15 hours of technical assistance, and host a mentor recruitment fair in Baltimore City.
What are the goals of the Institute?
- Familiarize mentoring programs in Baltimore City with the Elements of Effective Practice for Mentoring, 4th Ed.
- Support mentoring programs in Baltimore City in the implementation of mentoring quality standards
- To create stronger networks for mentoring programs to support each other, connect each other to opportunities and encourage collaboration
What is the application process?
Online Application: In addition to the general application questions, through the online application, candidates will submit:
- Up to date professional resume
- Short answer and essay responses
- Letter of Recommendation
Final Selection: Application Deadline: Wednesday, June 20th at 11:59pm. All applicants will receive an invitation or regrets by Thursday, June 28, 2018.
For more information visit the Institute webpage: www.marylandmentor.net/mentoringinstitute